Here are some key concepts we find useful, not as “truths” we espouse but as places to think from.
Changing the Paradigm
If we recognize that the world is on an unsustainable course, then change becomes not only possible but necessary—and inevitable. And since, as Einstein recognized, we cannot solve many of the world’s problems at the level that we created them, we need to shift our paradigms:
- From an extractive economy – to – a restorative one
- From trying to create a slightly less bad world – to – creating a regenerative one
- From an individual- or even society-based focus – to – an Earth-oriented one
- From trying to fix the present – to – building a better future
- From thinking mechanistically – to – to thinking organically, in terms of whole systems
- From scarcity thinking – to – sufficiency thinking
You can find out more about each of these foundational insights on the pages of this web site, and you can connect with us in practical and tangible ways, to join with us in creating a world that works for all.